I love being scared.
I know, that sounds weird. Why would anyone want to be scared? Yet, I keep doing things, reading things, and watching things that I know are going to scare me. And here is the rest of it.
I read Stephen King. Started when I was a preteen. And had the nightmares to go with it. I still like having the closet door open to make sure the boogeyman isn’t in there (after reading The Boogeyman in Night Shift).
I read other suspense books that are horror in a whole other way. They scare me because of the very real threat that’s in them. Paranormal monsters are one thing. Human monsters are something entirely different. I still read paranormal, too, with supernatural beings lurking at every turn. The dark isn’t my friend. Because I’m always imagining what’s in there with me.
I watch scary movies. I’ll never forget watching Scream by myself downstairs one night. All of a sudden, there was a noise out on the back deck. What did I do? Ran upstairs and got in bed with the hubby.
The hubby has learned to watch my signs when we’re watching movies. When I tense up, start hiding my eyes or talking to the screen, he asks, “Are you going to have nightmares about this?”
I always say, “No.” LOL but I do.
Are there any other souls out there like me, who must like to be scared? Let’s hear a “Boo!” if there are.
Mechele Armstrong aka Lany of Melany Logen
http://www.mechelearmstrong.com
http://www.melanylogen.com
Oct 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
No - but I'm the opposite. My youngest daughter (age 22) laughs at me because I got scared and had nightmares over "Finding Nemo". Also I used to have nightmares when younger and finally learned they were from Dragnet and Streets of San Francisco - now that dates me. But the CSI and NCIS and such have not caused me nightmares - don't figure. But let me watch a kid's movie and I'll have nightmares over animals in trouble.
LOL I am in this boat with you. I love the adrenaline rush. Yeah after watching one things start moving out of the corner of my eye. After seeing The Grudge My daughters Hairstyle Barbie head scared me so bad I screamed. But I always go back for more.
Mari
I luuuv being scared...:) Saw, Halloween, 30 days of night, Event Horizon. I'm a horror movie fanatic.
But at the same time I scare easily. My son loves to hide and jump out at me. I told him one of these days he may find himself laid out on the floor...LOL.
Squiresj, that's interesting that animals in trouble give you nightmares.
LOL Mari, we are so alike. I always go back for more, too. Even when I'm watching behind me because of them.
LOL Trista. I'm scared easily which is why I sometimes laugh at myself for watching all these scary things. That's funny about your son.
Post a Comment