Cry and you cry alone.
My dad used to stay this ALL the time. He was a firm believer in the power of humor, and I've tried to take that approach to life.
While my books often have serious situations, I usually try to include some humor, be it a one liner or two or a funny situation. I don't know I'm witty enough to carry an entire romantic comedy novel, but who knows what the future will being when I start writing.
"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."--From Steel Magnolias
My family and I have often gotten through tough times with humor. My husband was outside the hospital room when my mother had just passed away. My sisters and I laughed over something. A nurse gave the door an odd look. He told her they deal with things this way. And we do, probably because of how we were raised.
I think that's one thing that attracted me to my hubby and has kept us together, that he has a sense of humor.
What are things that have made you laugh in the past week?
My youngest dressing up like "a ghost" with a paper bag costume and looking for a lightsaber made me laugh.
Mechele Armstrong aka Lany Of Melany Logen
http://www.mechelearmstrong.com
http:///www.melanylogen.com
Feb 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment