I'm caught between manuscripts.
I just turned my latest story and it was the last one I had a contract for. In the last year, I haven't really submitted much new. I've mainly been catching up on a list of commitments that had gotten a little lengthy. Well, now those commitments are fulfilled. On one hand, I feel great. I got stuff accomplished and I'm rather pleased with the results. On the other hand...
Gah!
It's not that I don't have ideas. I do. I've got Scrivener* open with four different new projects, plus at least two others that I can think of saved to my hard drive. Although I've "finished" two of my ongoing series (Dark Elves and Heaven Sent), I've still got lots of balls up in the air for my Leashed series and I've yet to begin my Indigo Knights series. I've even got brand new ideas that have little or nothing to do with the above that are waiting to get written. Ideas isn't my issue.
Follow through. That's the issue.
It's a weird time between manuscripts. I feel adrift. There are so many possibilities. And, because I'm contract-less, there's nothing I have to get right on immediately. Kind of scary. There are so many possibilities. Where do I go next?
Stay tuned. I won't keep idle long.
*For those with Mac's who don't have Scrivener, I HIGHLY suggest you check it out. Best writing tool I've ever had, hands down.
http://www.jetmykles.com
Nov 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment