Feb 21, 2010

Off to EPICon on a Train

Well, soon I'm off to EPICon. I think the trip will be fun. I've signed up for the Riverboat Cruise so that, at least, has to be something, right? But, really, it's New Orleans. How can that not be awesome?

But, you know what? I'm almost looking forward to the trip there more. Why, you ask? Because I'm doing something different. I'm taking the train. Those of you on the east coast or in Europe may not think this is a big deal, but I'm a southern California girl born and bred. I've never ridden on a long distance train. I've certainly never taken a two day trip and had a sleeper! But that's exactly what I have this time. I'm taking the Amtrak Sunset Limited from LA to New Orleans. I believe it's a 48 hr trip.

The scariest part about it, though, is that there's no wireless on the train. I shall be without the intertubes for two days. O_O To be honest, that almost canceled the idea for me right there. But the SO, my parents, my friends and coworkers all scolded me for that and convinced me to go. I'll still have the laptop, after all. Just won't be connected. I don't have an iPhone as of yet, y'see. Although I really should.

So, anyway, wish me luck and plot bunnies. I can't imagine that the solitude -- no family going with me -- won't inspire me some. That is, if I don't catch up on sleep!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Have fun! And y'know, that train seems like a good setting for an m/m romance... ;)

jetmykles said...

It does, doesn't it! I plan to do some research while I'm there for sure

Design by: Anne Douglas based on Arsenal by FinalSense