Oct 20, 2012

GayRomLit Report


Right now, I’m in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for GayRomLit, and I’m having a super time.  I’ve managed not to have any horrible social awkwardness and I got through my reading without crying or throwing up – total win!  Seriously, though, it’s been a lot of fun. 

I’ve met some fantastic Loose Id authors in person like ZA Maxfield & Lex Valentine.  Ethan Day almost killed me (with laughter, I swear!) in Old Town Albuquerque.  I’ve hung out with fabulous Kiernan Kelly (although I can and have done that without travelling to New Mexico).  Today, there are some Loose Id events, and I’ll be rubbing elbows with more awesome LI people, like Lynn Lorenz, Treva Harte, Christy Lockhart, Tara Lain & Belinda McBride. 

And I know he’s not a Loose Id author, but I got to see Damon Suede dancing with the go-go boys hired for the first night’s party.  You’re jealous, I know you are! 

I’ve met some lovely readers and bloggers, and reconnected with several people I met last year or have corresponded with since.  There have been chocolate penises, a staggering amount of double entendres and some extremely graphic discussions (when you’re an erotic romance author, discussions of blow jobs and prostates are professional and routine – LOL). It’s been a wonderful time.

The biggest drawback is that my phone doesn’t seem to have great luck picking up a network, so I can’t post much to Twitter or Facebook, and the damn battery dies just as quickly as if I were posting!  I’m also very bad about taking pictures, but I’m sure everyone else’s stream is completely inundated – you won’t have a hard time finding pics!

While I’m here, I’m also pimping my latest Loose Id release, which came out a week before I left for ABQ.  It’s the third in the MIA Case Files series, and it’s Oliver’s story.  I think it’s a lot of fun. 

MIA Case Files: Craving
On a mission tracking down werewolves, a mishap disables Agent Brandon Ellison, rendering him unfit for field duty. Unable to deal with the repercussions of the accident, Brandon moves away and Oliver Cardoso not only loses his partner, but his lover. Years later, when Brandon returns as head of MIA's Research and Development team, the hurt, guilt and blame fester into jealousy and professional rivalry, making working together almost impossible.



When an equipment failure almost kills Oliver, it appears as though Brandon's executing some sort of revenge. Determined to find out the truth, Brandon invites himself along on his first mission in years, with Oliver and his new partner. With an elusive portal and the Umbrae creating a previously unknown creature, hundreds of lives, including Oliver's, are at stake. Although their attraction hasn't waned in the intervening years, putting aside their differences creates a potentially fatal distraction and falling in love again might destroy them both.

KC Burn

1 comment:

Barbara Elsborg said...

You lucky thing getting to have such fun! Maybe one year I'll make it to one of these things.

Design by: Anne Douglas based on Arsenal by FinalSense